Golf is an amazing sport. It is actually more of a way of life, which is demonstrated by the ethics that underpin the sport. However, golf is only fun if you’re good at it, or at least good enough. And that, unfortunately, is where things become difficult. Learning how to play golf can be done through courses, training and countless hours on the range, but most of us have neither the time nor the money for this. However, I recently came across a program called Swing Man, which promised to teach me how to add at least 30 yards to my drive, and that it would take no more than 30 days for me to achieve that. Considering some of the fantastic write-ups about this program, I figured it was worth giving it a try.
What Is Swing Man?
Swing man is a swing speed training program and general golf instruction course. It teaches you about the techniques needed to hit the ball as far as possible. However, it isn’t just about your technique, but also about having a custom fit for your driver and ball. This is crucial for getting the best driving distance. However, according to Swing Man, what actually matters more is that you have great swing speed. This is what Swing Man will teach you.
Swing speed is hugely important for anybody that wants to be better at golf. The correlation between the speed of the club head and actual distance has been demonstrated time and again. Simply, and logically, if you have more speed in your swing, your ball will go further. An amateur, on average hits around 87.5 miles per hour, which equates to a drive of around 222.5 yards. Women have a slightly slower speed and distance. If, however, you look at the pros, the average swing speed is about 113 miles per hour, and the average distance is around 288 yards (again, slightly lower for women). These statistics are repeated again and again.
Swing Man is designed to teach you how to increase your swing speed. It doesn’t matter how old you are or how much experience you have in golf. In fact, your fitness levels don’t even matter much, as being fit does not mean you can be fast. Speed is far more important than fitness.
Swing Man has helped people of all ages, from the very young to the very old. They have worked with people with anything from a Pro handicap to a handicap above 30. The program promises that you can increase your swing speed by as much as 30 miles per hour, and it should only take you a month or so to complete this.
What You Get with Swing Man
Swing Man is a hugely comprehensive package. It includes:
- Unlimited, around the clock membership and access to the online program, which includes the swing speed training.
- A huge resource library with text files, pictures and instructional videos.
- Over an hour of golf instruction through video.
- Images of golf techniques and positions that are designed to help you improve your overall game
- Access to a tool that helps you find the best club fitters and makers in your area.
- Continuous updates of pictures, text and videos, so your knowledge will always be fully up to date.
- Fantastic blog posts that will keep you entertained for hours, as well as being hugely educational.
- If you decide to take individual, in person lessons with Jacob, you will receive a 20% discount on your lessons.
You also receive three amazing bonuses, which are:
- Shortcuts to lower scores
- The book that reveals how Mike Austin managed a 515 yard drive
- How to get the most out of the equipment you have
What I Liked
- Swing Man is one of the most respected swing speed training programs around and has been very well reviewed.
- You can use the program at home, meaning you don’t even have to go to the driving range to improve your skills.
- You could potentially increase your distance by over 30 yards, meaning you will suddenly be miles ahead of your golf partners.
- The program is designed to help you get rid of your slice, the nightmare of all golfers. You will also stop losing strokes constantly once you get to the green. Besides, you will learn to reach far more greens, which allows you to have plenty of short iron approach shots.
- The program’s designer is a protégé of Mike Austin.
- You can design your own golf game.
- The customer service offered is fantastic
What I Didn’t Like
- I have a sneaky suspicion that I could soon be so good that I will have to either share my knowledge, or find myself some new golf buddies. After all, if my drive becomes so much better than any of theirs, they will soon no longer be interested in playing with me.
- Also, and this is more of a drawback for the family at home, I have a feeling that I will be spending every free minute I have on the range. This means that I am either going to have my family involved in the game, or that I will have to bring home flowers on regular occasions. Either way, I will have to take the time to apply my newfound knowledge.
It makes sense, doesn’t it, that the faster you swing, the further your ball will travel. However, although this makes sense on a physical and mathematical level, it is still something that too few of us actually think about. This means that if you get your hands on this program and manage to keep it quiet, you will suddenly be able to tower above your golf buddies. Imagine how shocked they will be when your golf ball suddenly flies through the air and keeps on going! If that is what you want to achieve, improving your game and your enjoyment in the game itself massively, then Swing Man is designed for you.